Past Speaking & Television Engagements
- Internetworld/Webbdargarna (Stockholm,Sweden): Keynote speech on visual social media tactics and the changing tides of social media with visual elements.
- Steve Harvey Show (National): Featured guest of the "Ask Steve" segment
- WGN News (Chicago/National): Social Media segment featuring my book Pinterest for Business.
- ABC (National): Part of a "at home" segment featuring my former business partner whom was a contestant on the show bachelorette & bachelor pad
- Globe & Mail/BMO Bank (Toronto, Canada): Keynote speech on Pinterest for Business, BMO sponsored a night around how using the social network was beneficial for small business owners who banked with them.
- KOBO (Toronto, Canada): Keynote speech on Pinterest and it's effective uses for publishers.
- Direct Marketing Association Conference (Chicago, USA): Panel on Pinterest for Business and other social media platforms for small business use.
- Starter League (Chicago, USA): Panel Member speaking on the trials and tribulations of Entrepreneurship.
- Do it Best (Indianapolis, USA): Speaking to franchise owners and executive staff about the benefits of Pinterest for retail operations
Post fulfillment of my responsibilities to Legacy after Kambio Group’s acquisition. I’m back where I belong in the world of digital startups. DressCodeable is a one-stop destination for dress code explanations. It’s the “wikipedia” of what to wear. Forget about sifting through a million different websites which all have different definitions of “Smart Casual”—just leave it to our trained team for suggestions and photo examples of what to wear. We believe dress codes should be clear and simple, not complicated and confusing. DressCodeable is currently in its Beta form, pre-rev and looking forward to a series A round. While not all functions of the site are yet complete please know our team is working day and night to “fill up the closet”.
I held the position of Senior Vice President of Digital & Social Media. **Kambio Group was acquired by Legacy Marketing Partners in May of 2013, this was my post acquisition role fulfillment** Legacy Marketing Partners is an independent experiential marketing agency that inspires passion for brands by engaging people through integrated live + digital campaigns. Specific areas of expertise include: events, field marketing, and digital. Headquartered in Chicago, Legacy has 350 employees located in 40 markets nationwide. Throughout its growth and success, Legacy has maintained an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit — it’s what lured me and my team when Legacy acquired Kambio, the digital marketing company I co-founded, to bolster its digital offerings. In my role post acquisition, I was responsible for developing and managing breakthrough digital experiences and programs that created measurable value. In my time at Legacy we successfully integrated live + digital campaigns to extend the dialogue between brands and their audiences. In particular, we focused on social media activations and monitoring, web design, content management and digital activations for brands such as Absolut, Cabela’s, Chivas, Corona, Fifth Third Bank, GE, Green & Black’s, Kahlua, Kmart, Malibu, Modelo, Navistar, Negra Modelo, Tic Tac, and USG. It was rewarding to apply my passion for leveraging social media with world-class brands. I enjoyed educating our internal team about the power of digital and social media and helping clients achieve real and lasting success.
SocialTechPop.com was a popular culture and technology blog. Founded in October of 2010 SocialTechPop.com started as a premier popular culture and technology blog reporting on emerging digital technologies, startups, incubators, events, entertainment, social media, and societies affects and influences on technology.Throughout our reporting we found hosting events resonated with our audience and the topics we were covering. Today, SocialTechPop is a specialty event production company producing premier experiential entertainment experiences.
**ChiTown Deals was acquired by Tippr.com in May of 2010** Chitown Deals was one of the first daily deal sites in the world. In recognizing the down economy, my team and I knew a coupon site would prosper. We provided numerous deals to the Chicago land area with added video elements to supplement the attraction of the deals. In May of 2010, we were acquired by Tippr.com, a Seattle based company.
I joined BB in June of 2014. BrandBacker is the fastest growing Fashion & Beauty product promotion network online. They connect brands who want to get exposure on blogs and social networks to over 7,000 bloggers looking for opportunities. BrandBacker helps brands reach millions of new fashion & beauty enthusiasts while tracking every read, click, share, like, tweet, reblog & more. Thousands of people read and interact with content created through BrandBacker everyday.